An AllStar Link / EchoLink node.
What is AllStar Link and EchoLink?
AllStar Link and EchoLink are voice-over-IP services for Amateur Radio. They both connect repeaters, hotspots, and users to each other through the internet using analog FM for the radio links (at least this node does). Both systems provide means for hubs or conference servers to connect many stations together at once.
Frequency: 146.5800 Mhz – Simplex
Tone/PL: 173.8 Hz – You must transmit the 173.8 Hz tone in order to access this node.
AllStar Link W3VG Node #: 56591
EchoLink W3VG-L Node #: 855981
To Be Determined
- AllStar Link Incoming & Outgoing Connections
- EchoLink Incoming & Outgoing Connections
- Weather Alerts from the National Weather Service
- Active weather alerts are read in a tail message at the end of node transmissions at a 3 minute interval
- Read on demand by sending DTMF: *882
- Scheduled nets
- If you want a net scheduled, send me a message via the contact us page.
- Boredom Breakers Net – Wednesdays at 1 – 2:00PM (Net runs 1-4:00PM EST with different Net Control Stations each hour)
Using the Node
You may use the following methods to use or connect to the node:
Use a radio on 146.5800 Mhz with a PL of 173.8 Hz. Use the DTMF Commands below to connect/disconnect and control the node.
TIP: EchoLink node #’s must be padded to six digits. To connect to EchoLink node # 9999, enter DTMF: *33009999
Internet Method via EchoLink
- Use the EchoLink app on your smartphone, Mac, or PC and connect to node W3VG-L or node #: 855981
- Use another EchoLink enabled Simplex or Repeater node to connect to W3VG-L or node #: 855981
If you choose this method you will need to install and setup EchoLink on your device and if it is the first time you have used EchoLink, you will need to verify your callsign with them.